Staff Writer, Bob Vila
Recurrent Ventures Inc. is an innovative digital media company that is challenging the media landscape with its proprietary approach. Its portfolio of best-in-class brands like Bob Vila, Domino, SAVEUR, and Popular Science engage a combined audience of more than 45 million unique visitors per month.
BobVila.com is seeking a full-time Staff Writer to join our fast-growing editorial team. Bob Vila strives to educate and offer ideas for all levels of homeowner knowledge and DIY skill set—and be the authority that our readers rely on time and time again. Our stories span home, garden, and DIY niches, ranging from providing expert advice for starting a container garden to reporting on the latest real estate trends.
Reporting to our Executive Editor of Service and News, the staff writer will collaborate with the entire team of editors and contributors to build and maintain our extensive library of news, tutorials, and topic explainers. Responsibilities include extensive research and writing with SEO best practices in mind.
This is a full-time position, and remote applicants are welcome. Recurrent is a digital-first team with satellite offices in Austin, Miami, New York City, San Diego, and San Francisco.
- Stay on top of real estate, construction, and home industry news and trends
- Pitch and develop stories with a Bob Vila lens, collaborating with our editorial and SEO teams to create content with the widest possible reach
- Research and write a mix of short news articles, longer features, and evergreen SEO content such as project tutorials and 101 guides
- Use our content management system to lay out new articles or make important updates to existing editorial
- 2+ years of digital media writing experience
- Comfort using content management systems; basic HTML proficiency
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Working knowledge of SEO best practices
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Broad experience (and/or personal interest) in the home and garden category
- A network of professional contacts in the home, garden, and construction industry is preferable
- Excellent research and writing skills
- A track record of previous experience in service journalism
The ideal candidate is proactive, flexible, resourceful, and someone who thrives in a fast-paced digital media environment.
The Benefits & Perks
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- 16-week parental leave
- Matching 401k
- Equity package
- Fitness reimbursement
- Electronic stipend
- Remote - work from anywhere!
- Satellite offices in Austin, Miami, New York, San Diego, and San Francisco
Hiring & Equal Opportunity Statement
Recurrent Ventures provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type with regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, color, religion, age, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or affiliation protected by federal, state or local laws.