Audience Development Consultant
Recurrent Ventures is seeking a skilled Senior Audience Development Manager to lead Audience Development efforts for our premiere food/home publications, Domino and Saveur. You will be responsible for managing user acquisition, conversion, and retention across the brand with a focus on social media and email.
To be successful in this role you need to have a strong data-driven mindset to drive user growth, engagement, and loyalty, and the ability to see the bigger picture of how various audiences, platforms, and revenue streams come together to drive the business forward.
This position requires strong organizational, communication, and collaboration skills to manage external and internal relationships and work across various teams to develop and implement strategies and initiatives.
This is a hybrid remote position based out of our New York City office.
Join the team that was voted a Great Place to Work!
- Collaborate cross-functionally with GM, Editorial, Product, Commerce, SEO, Membership, and Sales to identify opportunities and to drive audience, traffic, and revenue growth for the business
- Oversee user acquisition, conversion, and retention strategies. The focus will be on growing social media and email, but you’ll be keeping an eye on all traffic sources and working to diversify traffic.
- Own social media and email marketing KPIs and goals, while helping GMs to set and track overall KPIs and goals. This role requires strong attention to detail on our growth trajectory across numerous platforms and the ability to work with team members to meet growth targets.
- Own data, reporting, and insights and be the go-to person for audience intelligence and highlights
- Oversee the evaluation, testing, and launch of new traffic and audience channels and products in collaboration with stakeholders (editorial, business development, product)
- Work closely with the team of email and social media leads focusing on developing, executing, optimizing, and testing strategies
- Work with editorial, commerce, email, and social leads to develop content strategies
- Assist sales teams to develop, package, and deliver sponsorship campaigns across the site, newsletter, and social channels
- Work with other audience development leads at Recurrent to share cross-brand and industry best practices
- 5-7 years of relevant experience in audience development
- Experience in the media, digital, and publishing industries
- Deep understanding of analytics tools (such as Google Analytics, Omniture (Adobe Catalyst), Chartbeat, Parse.ly, social and email analytics) and will be an advocate and educator for making data-driven decisions
- Deep understanding of all social channels and/or email marketing strategies. Experience with Sailthru a plus
- Be an ideas powerhouse, who will suggest out-of-the-box tests and see failure as opportunities for learning and improvement
- Ability to clearly articulate and present insights and recommendations to all audiences from management to editorial to sales
- Entrepreneurial and digitally savvy, with exceptional analytical, problem- solving, and critical thinking skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, growing environment
- Interest in the food, drink, and home space is a plus
The Benefits & Perks:
- Medical, dental, vision & life insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Hybrid Remote - work from home frequently!
- Offices in Miami, San Francisco, New York, San Diego
- Matching 401k
- Equity package
Who We Are:
Recurrent Ventures is an innovative digital media company that empowers brands to grow and connects consumers with media in a way that is enjoyable, sustainable, inspiring, and profitable--while maintaining editorial integrity.
Its best-in-class brands like Popular Science, Domino, Futurism, Outdoor Life, The Drive, Donut Media, Field & Stream, SAVEUR, MEL, and Task & Purpose, engage a combined audience of more than 60 million monthly unique visitors.
Initially founded in 2018 with the acquisition of The Drive, the portfolio rapidly expanded under the ownership and backing of North Equity LLC to include more than 22 digital media brands across automotive, home, outdoors, science, lifestyle, specialty, and military verticals. Recurrent is headquartered in Miami, with offices in New York and San Francisco, and a virtual-first workforce across the United States.
Recurrent brands build long-term brand equity through socially responsible storytelling and nimble business models. Our focus is to bring recurrent value to readers, business partners, and the planet.
Hiring & Equal Opportunity Statement
Recurrent Ventures provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. We recognize diverse teams make the strongest teams; we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
At Recurrent Ventures, we don’t just accept diversity-we celebrate it, learn from it, and we thrive on it. We are committed to building a team that represents a range of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills but most importantly, a team that represents our audience. We understand there is more for us to do than just getting you in the door. Our obsession with sustainability isn’t just about the environment, it’s about YOU and your career, too!