Client Partner, Account Director
Recurrent Ventures Inc. is an innovative digital media company that is challenging the media landscape with its proprietary approach. Its best-in-class brands like Dwell, Popular Science, Domino, Outdoor Life, The Drive, Field & Stream, SAVEUR, Task & Purpose and more, engage a combined audience of more than 60 million monthly unique visitors. Initially founded in 2018, the portfolio rapidly expanded under the ownership and backing of North Equity. Today we are 24 media brands across automotive, home, food, outdoors, science, technology, lifestyle, and military verticals. Recurrent Ventures is headquartered in Miami, with offices in New York, Austin, San Diego, Los Angeles and San Francisco, with many of our roles being virtual first.
Recurrent Ventures is seeking a Client Partner to help increase sales revenue across our home portfolio. The Client Partner will identify business opportunities, negotiate deals and educate advertisers/agencies on how to achieve their goals through our media products (BobVila, Dwell, Domino, Business of Home, Saveur). This is an individual contributor role with the expectation not only for what you deliver, but how you deliver while collaborating with internal stake holders and sales counterparts on revenue goals. The ideal candidate will have a knowledge base of selling across multiple properties to both endemic and non-endemic brand partners.
- Full customer account management including negotiating contracts and agreements to maximize profit.
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer and internal relationships.
- Seek out new business opportunities across all geographies with an emphasis on North America.
- Build and execute retention/new business development strategies to grow within new and existing customers through upselling and cross-selling.
- Achieve revenue targets by proactively responding to inbound inquiries and self-generated leads based on a deep market and product understanding.
- Accurately position Recurrent’s products, solutions, and services as a solution for market and business challenges that meet the customers’ needs.
- Provide accurate forecasting by highlighting revenue risks and opportunities.
- Coordinate with cross functional teams working on the same account to ensure consistent service.
- Keep customer information/records (interactions, transactions, account plans) up to date on the Recurrent CRM.
- Stay current with market conditions and competitors' products.
- Use relationship-building skills to provide premium-caliber client service through research and market analysis. Anticipate how decisions are made, persistently explore and uncover the business needs of key clients, and understand how our range of product offerings can grow their business.
- Work collaboratively with a team to support growth and maintain a pipeline of opportunities for existing customer accounts.
- Lead meetings with customers regarding product and advertising opportunities while ensuring customers are satisfied with their business growth.
- Identify and develop forward thinking data analysis and recommendations that align with customer goals.
- Manage operations within the sales team by prioritizing and executing complex initiatives and ensuring accountability to team goals.
- Provide guidance and troubleshooting support for customer accounts and campaigns.
- Passion for digital advertising and strategic selling
- Track record of performing against quota
- Strong client relationships with access to brand marketers and executive-level agency decision-makers
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Comfortable presenting in front of a client
- Team player
- Understands the value and challenge of being a member of a growth-stage brand in a start-up environment.
Benefits & Perks
- Medical, dental, vision & life insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Remote - work from anywhere!
- Offices in Miami, Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York, San Diego
- Parental leave
- Matching 401k
- Equity package
Hiring & Equal Opportunity Statement: Recurrent Ventures provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type with regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, color, religion, age, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or affiliation protected by federal, state or local laws. With a number of our media brands reporting on the military, veterans’ affairs, and topics facing the active military community, we are very supportive of veterans’ activities and highly encourage this community to apply.