Client Partner - Military & Defense
Recurrent Ventures Inc. is an innovative digital media company that is challenging the media landscape with its proprietary approach. Its best-in-class brands like Dwell, Popular Science, Domino, Outdoor Life, The Drive, Field & Stream, SAVEUR, Task & Purpose and more, engage a combined audience of more than 60 million monthly unique visitors. Initially founded in 2018, the portfolio rapidly expanded under the ownership and backing of North Equity. Today we are 24 media brands across automotive, home, food, outdoors, science, technology, lifestyle, and military verticals. Recurrent Ventures is headquartered in Miami, with offices in New York, Austin, San Diego, Los Angeles and San Francisco, with many of our roles being virtual first.
Recurrent Ventures is seeking a skilled Client Partner to grow its direct sales business. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of acquiring new business; building and growing client relationships; and developing successful and creative multi-platform campaigns at military publications. Existing endemic relationships and non-endemic Fortune 500 brand / large agency relationships preferred.
Recurrent boasts the largest military portfolio in all of digital media. It consists of both digital media brands: Task & Purpose, The War Zone and We Are The Mighty, as well as events business: Military Influencer Conference and Military Spouse Fest. Our brands celebrate service by inspiring, educating, informing, and entertaining both the military community and beyond.
- Manage the sales cycle from start to finish: prospect, identify opportunities, negotiate and secure sales of advertising and sponsorship programs to brands for our Military vertical.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients and agencies.
- Identify new strategic clients, advertisers, and partners; implementing an effective sales strategy.
- Build strong and profitable relationships with key clients, and constantly grow revenue from existing and new partnerships.
- Manage and drive the entire sales cycle and funnel from start to finish, including lead generation, meetings, RFP, negotiating, closing, and advising campaign cadence, secure sales of digital advertising as well as sponsored and branded content.
- Create advertiser solutions and build partnership programs for clients and agencies.
- Minimum of 5 years of digital media sales experience.
- Experience with integrated selling across multiple platforms.
- Proven success designing and selling best-in-class digital advertising campaigns for clients interested in advertising with the military community.
- Industry expert on advertising solutions for clients, specializing in social-first, branded campaigns.
- Entrepreneurial self-starter with experience selling military brands.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proactive, energetic, positive attitude and desire to work in a results-oriented and deadline-driven environment.
- Desire and ability to manage multiple relationships at a time.
- Creative problem-solving skills and a commitment to execution of task.
Benefits & Perks
- Medical, dental, vision & life insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Remote - work from anywhere!
- Offices in Miami, Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York, San Diego
- Parental leave
- Matching 401k
- Equity package
Hiring & Equal Opportunity Statement: Recurrent Ventures provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type with regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, color, religion, age, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or affiliation protected by federal, state or local laws. With a number of our media brands reporting on the military, veterans’ affairs, and topics facing the active military community, we are very supportive of veterans’ activities and highly encourage this community to apply.