Branded Content Editor
Recurrent is seeking a Branded Content Editor to help start our branded content practice across sites like PopSci, MEL Magazine, Field & Stream, Outdoor Life, Task & Purpose, The Drive, Futurism, and others. Recurrent works with marketers and advertisers to create custom branded content that resonates with readers, is driven by our editorial values, and is crafted to convey our partner's advertising message in a natural way.
From pitch to delivery, you’ll work with other creatives, marketers, sellers, and producers to create ideas tied to each of Recurrent's titles, ensuring all content remains high quality and on-brand for our partners.
You should have a firm grasp of each title’s editorial voice and be able to work across multiple teams to vet creative concepts and communicate them to clients. While this job is contract based to start, the right candidate would be interested in coming on full time in 2022 to build a team of copywriters and strategists with Recurrent's VP of Branded Content.
You will have the opportunity to take on a variety of different campaign types and responsibilities, including written series, researching talent, writing social video scripts, and working with a network of freelancers to manage creative output. For this role, you should have a keen eye for copyediting, an ability to produce written content on deadline, and an ability to pivot when client needs shift.
- Brainstorming creative concepts in response to RFPs
- Writing, assigning, and editing stories
- Assisting on branded photoshoots
- Work with the leadership team to develop best practices for branded content
- Ensure that we are meeting client expectations and deadlines
- Maintain a network of relevant talent, brands, and creative freelancers
- 2-4+ years of experience in written editorial and/or branded content — preferably you have worked with a mix of brands (or are comfortable with jumping between numerous verticals)
- A demonstrated ability to create (concept, write, edit) engaging content that’s deeply informed by industry & social trends
- A student of digital advertising
- A positive, team-oriented attitude and strong interpersonal skills
- A proven ability to juggle multiple campaigns and initiatives at once
- An understanding of Recurrent's audience segments
- A willingness and ability to work effectively remotely.
Hiring & Equal Opportunity Statement
Recurrent Ventures provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type with regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, color, religion, age, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or affiliation protected by federal, state or local laws. With a number of our media brands reporting on the military, veterans’ affairs, and topics facing the active military community, we are very supportive of veterans’ activities and highly encourage this community to apply.